The three steps to being a Member and full participation in regular trips are:
- You are welcome to attend one of our monthly meetings (7.30 pm on the 2nd Wednesday of each month [except January] Naenae Bowling Club, Vogel St Naenae and find out what the club is all about.
- Participate in three (3) 4WD trips with the Club. A list of trips appears in the “Trips" section of this site. The trips must be a "Touring" or “Family Shiny” grade trip (any combination is fine) and you will need to book using the online booking function on the website (click on the trip and complete the on screen registration process). You will then be sent an email confirming your registration which will contain all the relevant details such as time, place, cost etc. Non-members pay a $20.00 "Day Member" fee in addition to any other (land access) fee.
- Get your form signed off by the Trip Leader at the conclusion of each trip.
- Submit the completed Membership Application form to the club as per the instructions on the form.
- You will be invoiced by e-mail for the balance of the annual Membership Fee (prorated during the year) and any joining fee and advised when your application has been approved by the Club committee.
- On payment and activation of membership you will be advised of web site passwords for access to the Memberzone, full trip lists and other "member only" facilities (Online store, phone App, "closed" Facebook Page etc)
- If you attend a “Driver Training Day" prior to membership being confirmed this can count as one of your three (3) trips. You will also pay the joining fee as part of Driver Training. Driver training can also be complete at any time after becoming a member.
It is not compulsory to have the safety equipment fitted to the vehicle prior to joining the club. This is only a requirement in order to participate in "Standard 4x4" and above trips although it is recommended for safety and ease of recovery (if required at any time).
- Obtain and fit (or have fitted) all required safety equipment to your vehicle (see “Vehicle Requirements section”).
- Book an appointment with a Vehicle Inspector to have the inspection performed.
- Have your vehicle inspected by a club vehicle inspector and signed off as being compliant with club requirements (free service).
- Advise the Club (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you have been issued with an inspection sticker and place the sticker on your vehicle windscreen (if not done by vehicle inspector) Note: Please forward a copy of the completed vehicle inspection section of the membership application form as a record of the inspection.